Apr 8, 2006

Silence

Growing up as a little girl my family had a cabin that was a full day's drive from home. We had the good 'ol Suburban to carry us into the woods of Ruidoso, New Mexico, and I remember the sounds of talk radio and the story time of Garrison Keeler. It killed me when I was little. I would get boredom headaches. Perhaps I just needed some silence.

I have spent the entire morning pouring over music websites trying to find some new tunes to update my already overflowing collection. I am so excited to have found a few artists that are new to me. Here is a sample...

Needtobreathe
Mainstay
Imogen Heap
Marc Broussard
Ashton Allen
Nada Surf

But after hours of perusing so many bands, listening to so many songs...my head hurts. It could be a sugar overdose from the massive Cherry Limeade I just drank down from Sonic, but I think just need some silence.

1 comment:

MojoMan said...

Silence could be good. We get so little of it. I never tried meditation, but maybe an hour of quiet and solitude in the woods would have interesting effects. Good luck with your blog and your new life.