Dec 1, 2006

Snow Days

This has been my week...

Monday:
Arrive home from Thanksgiving with the family.
Yeah! There is snow on the ground, on my car, on the trees! We go to class and come out to a blizzard that makes the commute home a 3.5 hour tour!

Tuesday:

Snow Day! No Classes! Friends spent the night on Monday, so we have a snow day morning together playing SkipBo!

Wednesday:

Another snow fall is about to blow in, so class is cancelled again! Yeah! Friends go sledding in laundry baskets down our neighborhood hills. Oh, how I wish I knew how to upload movies so you could see them spinning down an icy hill...good times!

Wednesday Night:

Run an errand, drive up a hill that ends up being covered in ice. I get stuck, car comes around the corner, slides down the ice and hits me, and speeds off. Good news: the crash gets me unstuck, and the other cars license plate fell off! Bad news: my car is undriveable. I leave my car and proceed home to another snow day party where I enjoy several rum & cokes.

Thursday:

Snow Days Suck! Picture of the aftermath. And to top it off, that license plate isn't saving me from paying a $1000 deductable as my insurance company won't investigate the hit and runner until they have a financial interest, and the police won't investigate until maybe next week. Snow days suck!

Friday:

Intense anger and stress result in skipping class and going to bed early last night. So here I sit, with the snow almost completely melted outside, and a rental car waiting to be picked up. So much for the joy of snow days.

No comments: