Oct 17, 2006

Fall Days

Today was a truly lovely fall day. This will be my first fall season with trees that actually change color since my couple of fall seasons at Biola U many years ago. I turned in a paper yesterday, and I have two due tomorrow, one of which I haven't even started, but today I just could not focus. I have had an entire day that has been completely wasted on my meanderings through Green Lake and various Sufjan Steven's songs! Here is a little taste of my day...

Sufjan, who I am crushing on big time since going to his concert this weekend (how can a girl resist a guy wearing butterfly wings playing the banjo with inflatable Santa and Superman dolls all around him??), well he has some beautiful music. Here are the lyrics to my favorite song of the day:

For The Widows in Paradise; for The Fatherless in Ypsilanti

(Welcome to Michigan album)
I have called you children,
I have called you son.
What is there to answer if I'm the only one?
Morning comes in Paradise,
morning comes in light.
Still I must obey, still I must invite.
If there's anything to say, if there's anything to do,
If there's any other way, I'll do anything for you.

I was dressed embarrassment.
I was dressed in wine.
If you had a part of me,
will you take you're time?
Even if I come back, even if I die
Is there some idea to replace my life?

Like a father to impress;
Like a mother's mourning dress,
If you ever make a mess,
I'll do anything for you

I have called you preacher;
I have called you son.
If you have a father or if you haven't one,
I'll do anything for you.
I did everything for you

And then there was the walk in the park. A professor started crying last week as he talked about the beauty of the fall trees near our school. Honestly, I thought it was a little cheesy, that is until today as I stood near tears staring at a magenta red-pink tree. Take a look:



No comments: