Aug 30, 2006

Bored

I have had trouble posting lately simply because I am just bored. My days are slow and lazy as I await school to start. I am a complete procrastinator, so the more pressure I have on me the more I get done. Right now - zero pressure and accomplishing nothing. I feel like my brain is a little mushy from lack of stimulation over the past month, and so those deep and profound thoughts that blogs were created for just aren't coming. =)

So I will share a few random tidbits from my past month of being a new resident in Seattle:

  • A month of sunny, 80 degree days in the middle of summer has convinced me that all people that live in Phoenix are completely insane...I am so relieved that God saved me from the insanity and provided me this lovely place to begin my recovery.
  • Though I remain in the USA, I feel at times that this is a completely different culture. Case in point - there are no full-service car washes or drive-up ATM's (Seattlites don't even know what they are missing!); the streets are so narrow and hilly that I feel like a speedracer when I go over 30 mph; you have to pay to park everywhere; and the parks have big green sticks and wavy blue liquid - I learned about these things in a geography class at Arizona State...they are called trees and lakes...amazing.
  • I have enjoyed many marathons over the past month: Project Runway, Weeds, Rome, Design Star, The 4400...tv marathons that is!
  • I bought a very expensive camera this year in anticipation of some trips and this move, and was so disappointed with it that I lost all interest in learning how to use it. But I am starting to give it a second chance to redeem itself. Below is a photo taken from my front yard! If you look hard you will see the amazing Olympia mountains on the horizon!



No comments: