Jul 28, 2006

Unknown

I have made it to Seattle. It was a fantastic journey that included spending time with all of my long-distance friends, enjoying their hospitality, watching their children play, and getting caught-up in a way that only women can do.

My first week in my new hometown has been a mixed bag. It is exciting to explore all the neighborhoods in this city, but I am tired of being lost. I love my new house, but I am discovering all of it's not-so-charming quirks. I love decorating and searching for decor, but I am nervous about my dwindling income. I love having the freedom to roam throughout the day, but I am starting to ache for some connection.

I am experiencing the joy of the adventure, and yet a sadness that comes with not being known. I am mourning being familiar with my surroundings and with a community. I know familiarity will come, but today it feels like it isn't coming soon enough.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Sounds like what Sarah might have felt in her journies with Abraham...granted she had him, but still she left all that was familiar and those she knew. Must have felt similar.

Your post is a month ago - how are things now?